Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Journal and Card Workshops











I truly believe that journaling at a young age saved my sanity and my life. Journaling is the way that I focus and ground myself. I sleep better when I journal before bedtime. Journaling is a personal history, an exploration of my life. As I look back over time through my journals, I have found that my prayers have been answered and I've learned to be much more thankful for all I have and for who I am becoming.











I enjoy teaching and sharing, especially anything about journaling. A couple of years ago I conducted a journaling workshop at a women's retreat. The only problem with giving workshops is that I see all the beautiful things others are creating and I have no time to create during the workshop. However, at this particular women's retreat, I was able to create two quick journals (pictured above). I was able to share in the creation experience with the lovely and talented ladies who attended.

In my neighborhood, there are several ladies who love to come over and make cards. We sit and chat while working on our stash of birthday and thank you cards. I usually give a quick little demonstration on how to use tools or techniques that they can try out. As they get more accomplished at card creation, I have more opportunity to relax and create with them. I am very blessed to be able to teach and create. I am also blessed to have such wonderful friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment