Sunday, March 7, 2010

Life's Goals in Photos

I love goals. They give me direction and motivation. I created a small handmade book containing my personal photos to help inspire me to reach the goals identified on each photo. This photo of family and friends reminds me to keep connected to those I love. I get too caught up in the day-to-day tasks. I use to cringe when friends or family called because I saw it as an interruption. I now realize that it is the relationships in life that make life worth living. So instead of seeing the call as an interruption, I put my tasks aside and engage in the call. It actually relaxes me and I feel refreshed after sharing personal moments with those I love.

I needed a reminder that I should look for humor and joy in my life. So I used a photo of my cat, Heidi. We kept water in a container on the kitchen counter and often left a little water in a glass for her. I can't help but smile whenever I see this photo of Heidi with her head stuffed in the glass to get at the water.


This is one of my very favorite photos. I call it "The Boy with One Shoe".  A group of friends and I had a beach party. One of the boys (Jordan) was caught up in his own world. When and why he lost his shoe I do not know. But this photo reminds me to not take myself or the world so seriously; to become more child-like.







I guess you can see a pattern now. I tend to be too serious and too wrapped up in my daily tasks. Then I seem to stack more activities on top of that. I end up being so busy that I tend to forget what is important and forget what life is all about.







Last of all, and maybe most importantly, I wanted to remember to reflect upon the blessings in my life. This is a photo of my husband's reflection in the water on the
beach, just after the waves retreated. I wanted to capture how the water embraced his reflection and the idea that life can be as fleeting as the ripples of water on the sands.

I find that when I am grateful and thankful for what I have, then I have less desire to seek things that are not important, and I am much happier and joyful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Dianne...I love this book. I want to make one. What a great thing to have in front of you with pictures of things that have passed...I love it.

Post a Comment