Sunday, February 21, 2010

Art Journal Pages

I took a class in making handmade books, back in July 2008 at Yavapai Community College. It was at that time I started my art journal. I haven't been very consistent at adding to it. I seem to go through fits and spurts, experimenting, adding notes about possible art projects and doing some sketching. The following was my first experiment with water color pencils. I really enjoyed scribbling and swishing around the color with my watercolor brush (it has a water vessel in the handle). I can water color on the go (or in bed) without worry about spills.

















What I'm finding is that I'm also using it for spiritual journaling about my personal walk in life. This image was one of my first spiritual drawings in my art journal.
















So I guess that my art journal has become multi-faceted. I'm not sure I like the fact that I'm using my art journal for so many things. I'm so use to organizing and categorizing everything that I find myself a little unnerved by this flagrant disorganization. But it is what it is. I suppose I could pull the pages out and put them in separate books - but then I would lose the continuity. I think it is more important to see the changes and growth through both my art and spiritual journey.






No comments:

Post a Comment