Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Secret Garden

These are photos of an altered book I created named My Secret Garden. In the book, I used my own photographs that were altered to look like watercolor drawings. I was very transparent in my thoughts about how I deal with the world - inviting the reader to continue only if they were not put off by what they had already learned about me. I added an insert with rocks and twigs; symbolizing my internal rock garden. This was my first altered book and there were things that did not work as well as I would have liked, for example the gated page. I did not put enough support on the folds, so the folds are a little fragile. I may go back and fix this at a later date.

3 comments:

DBlake said...

P.S. I covered the book with paper I crumbled and painted. The image on the front cover is an insert using one of my photographs on a handmade paper.

Zona said...

Oh I just love this. I am soooo impressed! :)
BTW I was also a bit surprised learning you like paper things too. Guess I didn't know that before. My problem is space... because I tend to hang on to those things including boxes and paper containers. Some might say I'm obsessed? LOL

"Zona" aka LK

DBlake said...

Thanks Zona for your comment. Paper does tend to take up a lot of space, so I'm trying hard to scan stuff I really want to keep or turn things into books. I recently created a small handmade book of some cards a friend sent me. I showed here the cute little book and she loved the fact that I honored her work. Maybe I'll blog about that and show some samples.

Post a Comment